Sign-in Information for the Class of 2023
The Department of English Open House and Information Session
March 23, 2021 at 5:00 p.m. EST. View recording here.
Virtual Sign-In Steps (updated 3/10/21)
- Declare your departmental concentration on the Registrar's Concentration Declaration page anytime between March 25 - April 13, 2021. Here is a link to Student Instructions to navigate DAPF.
- Review the Courses by Distribution Requirement page to see which distributions you have already completed. The Courses by Distribution Requirement can be found here.
- If you have any questions regarding English major requirements/distributions, schedule an individual appointment with the Director of Undergraduate Studies, Professor Dolven, via email (jdolven@), or contact the Undergraduate Administrator, Kelly Lake via email (kalake@). Please email us in advance or check WASE; most of us are working remotely and conducting office hours via Zoom as we are not in the 22 McCosh office or conducting in-person office hours.
- Schedule an appointment with a member of the English faculty advising team in WASE (search "English Sign Up 2021") to review your DAPF, choice of ENG 300, and academic plan. Make sure to have your plan available to screen share while in the zoom meeting. English faculty advising team's schedule is posted below. You may schedule your meeting with a member of the English Faculty advising team through WASE here. Appointments are scheduled as 15 minute in duration Eastern Standard Time (EST).
- English Majors are required to take one of four ENG 300 Junior Seminars in the fall of their junior year. To help balance seminar sizes, seminars are assigned first-come-first-served by registering on the ENG 300 Seminar Request Form any time after you declare English as your major; you will receive the link to this form during your English advisor meeting. Once you have the link to the ENG 300 Seminar Request Form, you may rank your junior seminar preferences in order from first to last. If you have any questions about this process or the courses, email Kelly Lake (kalake@.) Students will receive their individual seminar assignments via email after 5 p.m. on Tuesday, April 13.
- After you declare English as your major and have gone over your previous English courses, make sure to complete your Department Academic Planning Form (DAPF) for Fall 2021 by April 9, 2021 no later than 12 noon and email copies of both plans to the DUS, Jeff Dolven (jdolven@) and cc the UA, Kelly Lake (kalake@). (When creating your DAPF, we recommend making at least two course schedules, one for your 1st seminar choice and one for your 2nd choice. Even though the system does not allow for two DAPFs, we recommend that you create your 2nd/alternative course schedule and email both schedules to the DUS. NOTE: In past years, students typically have been assigned to either their first or second choice but in certain circumstances, a third choice has been assigned.)
- The Director of Undergraduate Studies (DUS) will email you with any questions; if you do not hear back, assume that your schedule has been approved.
- Register in TigerHub for Fall 2021 courses on Wednesday, April 14, 2021.
If you have any questions regarding this process, please contact the Undergraduate Administrator: kalake@
WASE: Search "English Sign Up 2021"
- Note that times listed below are for blocks of times with multiple 15 minutes appointment sessions available.
- All times listed are EST.
- Please email Faculty Advisors if you have any questions or concerns.
|Tuesday||March 23||2:00 pm - 4:00 pm||Jeff Nunokawa||nunokawa@|
|Thursday||March 25||11:00 am - 1:00 pm||Robbie Richardson||robbier@|
|Friday||March 26||9:00 am - 11:00 am||Russ Leo||rleo@|
|Friday||March 26||11:00 am - 1:00 pm||Esther Schor||eschor@|
|Friday||March 26||12:00 pm - 2:00 pm||Sarah Chihaya||schihaya@|
|Tuesday||March 30||2:00 pm - 4:00 pm||Jeff Nunokawa||nunokawa@|
|Thursday||April 1||11:00 am - 1:00 pm||Robbie Richardson||robbier@|
|Thursday||April 1||2:00 pm - 4:00 pm||Esther Schor||eschor@|
|Friday||April 2||9:00 am - 11:00 am||Russ Leo||rleo@|
|Friday||April 2||11:00 am - 1:00 pm||Rebecca Rainof||rrainof@|
|Friday||April 2||12:00 pm - 2:00 pm||Sarah Chihaya||schihaya@|
|Tuesday||April 6||2:00 pm - 4:00 pm||Jeff Nunokawa||nunokawa@|
|Thursday||April 8||11:00 am - 1:00 pm||Robbie Richardson||robbier@|
|Thursday||April 8||2:00 pm - 4:00 pm||Rebecca Rainof||rrainof@|
|Friday||April 9||9:00 am - 11:00 am||Russ Leo||rleo@|
|Friday||April 9||12:00 pm - 2:00 pm||Sarah Chihaya||schihaya@|
|Tuesday||April 13||11:00 am - 1:00 pm||Robbie Richardson||robbier@|
|Tuesday||April 13||2:00 pm - 4:00 pm||Jeff Nunokawa||nunokawa@|