Sign-in Information for the Class of 2021
The Department of English Open House will be held on Friday, March 29th, 2019 in 40 McCosh Hall from 4:30-5:30pm. Dinner will be available from Tacoria! Kindly RSVP here.
- Declare your departmental concentration on the Registrar's Concentration Declaration site anytime between April 4 - April 22, 2019.
- Attend one of three informational sessions (go over your course selections, ask questions about cognates, learn about tracks, choose a lotto number) or if you can't make any of the sessions below, schedule an individual appointment in Doodle.
Friday, April 5th @ 9:00am-10:00am (40 McCosh Hall, outer entry door #4)
Friday, April 12th @ 5:30pm-6:30pm (40 McCosh Hall, outer entry door #4)
Thursday, April 18th @ 12:00pm-1:00pm (40 McCosh Hall, outer entry door #4)
If you are unable to attend one of these sessions or make an appointment, please stop by to see Tara Broderick in the English department office, M-F, 9am-4pm, on or before April 22.
- English Majors are required to take one of five ENG 300 Junior Seminars* in the fall of their junior year. To help balance seminar sizes, seminars are assigned by lotto number. When you pick up your lotto number, in the English department office, you will be asked to rank your seminar preferences in order from first to last. Students will receive individual seminar assignments via email after 5 p.m. on Monday, April 22. (When creating your DAPF, we recommend making at least two course schedules, one for your 1st seminar choice and one for your 2nd choice. NOTE: In past years, students typically have been assigned to either their first or second choice but in certain circumstances, a third choice has been assigned.)
- After you declare English as your major, make sure to complete your Department Academic Planning Form(s) (DAPF) for Fall 2019 by April 22, 2019 no later than 12 Noon.
- The Director of Undergraduate Studies (DUS) will approve your (DAPF) by Tuesday, April 23, 2019.
- Register for Fall 2019 courses between Wednesday, April 24 and Friday, April 26.
If you have any questions regarding this process, please contact the Undergraduate Administrator: tarab(at)
Are you interested in taking your Junior Seminar in London?
*If you plan to apply for our study abroad London Junior Seminar section (UCL), please contact the Office of International Programs (OIP) to go over the application requirements and deadlines. Students accepted to UCL will complete their junior seminar requirements abroad in fall 2019. You may also transfer up to two English major requirements while at UCL.