Sign-in Information for the Class of 2022
In compliance with University guidelines to conduct virtual activities through the end of spring 2020, we regret that The Department of English Open House and additional Information Sessions have been canceled.
Virtual Sign-In Steps (updated 3/12/20)
- Declare your departmental concentration on the Registrar's Concentration Declaration page anytime between April 2 - April 20, 2020.
- Review the Courses by Distribution Requirement page to see which distributions you have already completed.
- If you have any questions regarding English major requirements/distributions, schedule an individual appointment with the Director of Undergraduate Studies, Professor Wolff, via email (twolff@), or contact the Undergraduate Administrator, Tara Broderick via email (tarab@). In person office hours are limited and may change daily. Please email us in advance before coming to the 22 McCosh office.
- English Majors are required to take one of four ENG 300 Junior Seminars in the fall of their junior year. To help balance seminar sizes, seminars are assigned by lotto number. Any time after you declare English as your major, rank your junior seminar preferences in order from first to last and then email your list to tarab@. Students will receive individual seminar assignments via email after 5 p.m. on Monday, April 20.
- After you declare English as your major and have gone over your previous English courses, make sure to complete your Department Academic Planning Form (DAPF) for Fall 2020 by April 20, 2020 no later than 12 noon. (When creating your DAPF, we recommend making at least two course schedules, one for your 1st seminar choice and one for your 2nd choice. Even though the system does not allow for two DAPFs, we recommend that you create your 2nd/alternative course schedule digitally or on paper. NOTE: In past years, students typically have been assigned to either their first or second choice but in certain circumstances, a third choice has been assigned.)
- The Director of Undergraduate Studies (DUS) will review and approve your (DAPF) by Tuesday, April 21, 2020. If the DUS has questions, she will email you directly.
- Register for Fall 2020 courses between Wednesday, April 22 and Friday, April 24.
If you have any questions regarding this process, please contact the Undergraduate Administrator: tarab@